- Advocate for public policies and practices that promote healthy lifestyles and healthy communities.
- Apply best practices from the national AHEC network to address community health care issues and opportunities.
- Provide individuals and community groups with opportunities to learn about health care in ways that promote lifestyle changes.
- Promote interest in and knowledge of the health care field among elementary, middle, high school, and college students.
- Work cooperatively with community health and academic organizations to create programs that train students to work in health care professions that focus on underserved populations.
- Educate present and future providers of health care and their communities.
- Improve the populationâ€™s access to culturally competent providers of high quality health services.