Substance Abuse Counseling
The substance abuse counseling services provided by Central AHEC staff takes place within the community at shelters, wellness centers, medical clinics, and elsewhere as needed. We address client issues such as relapse prevention, the need for placement in treatment facilities and referrals for needed services such as medical care and access to social services benefits.
Substance abuse services include the provision of medical or other treatment and/or counseling to address substance-abuse problems (i.e., alcohol and/or legal and illegal drugs) in a state licensed outpatient setting, rendered by a state licensed certified substance abuse professional. Uncertified substance abuse counselors must receive supervision from a licensed/certified substance abuse professional. Services must be provided to homeless individuals in homeless shelters and on mobile health vans and/or co-located within other CORE medical settings (preferable in HIV primary care settings).
Substance abuse services seek to provide access to substance abuse treatment through assessment, brief counseling, and triage to placement in chemical dependency programs.
- Charter Oak Clinic
Wednesday 8am - 4pm
- Burgdorf Clinic
Tues - Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Wellness Center
To make an appointment call Central AHEC at 860-920-5149
- Peters Retreat
- Zezzo House
- Provider Substance Abuse Services will be provided by a licensed Substance Abuse Counselor who will provide recovery readiness counseling, and group and individual substance abuse counseling.
- Provider will provide Substance Abuse Services in the homeless shelters.
- The Substance Abuse Counselor will provide referrals to other levels of treatment, including detox and day treatment, and primary care.
- The Substance Abuse Counselor will refer individuals who have been lost to care to the Early Intervention Services (EIS).
- Provider will provide immediate access to a Chemical Dependency Counselor for preliminary substance abuse evaluation, consultation, referral and follow-up.